Friday, October 9, 2009

Heartbeat!

I heard babies heartbeat today for the first time. I burst out laughing for some reason, but I am so relieved. I have had this fear that it wasn't really alive and now I know IT IS! The doctor says, for the due date, they go by the first day of the last menstrual cycle even if the periods are irregularly long like mine. So...that skips me forward a week to April 17, instead of April 26, my prior estimation. I have changed the baby widget to reflect this. I want to be on the same page as the doctor. Nonetheless, the doctor did say that my uterus is small for where I am in the pregnancy. He says it feels more like 10 weeks than 12. At week 20 when we do the ultrasound he says we will adjust the due date if we need to. By the way he looks a lot more like what I am comfortable having my doctor look like. He was not wearing western clothes like the doctor at the community center, so I think I will keep him. Yay I have a doctor and a baby with a heartbeat! Good day.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for a heart beat! And I hope they readjust your due date at your 20 week appointment to the 25th of April. It is BY FAR the best day of the year to be born :)

    ReplyDelete