Monday, October 5, 2009

Trip to Colorado



Yesterday we got back from a weekend tip to visit with Brady's friend from Utah, Davey, who flew out to meet us in Broomfield, Colorado, where Brady's parents are living. It was a fun trip. We took the cog train near Colorado Springs to the top of Pike's Peak, which is 14,150 feet high. It was a lot more fun for me than hiking to the top. I am not a fan of hiking up. They had a little gift store and treat shop at the top to escape the negative two degree weather outside. I had chocolate donuts and hot chocolate. On the ride down I started to feel nauseous, but managed to hold down the hot chocolate climbing back up my throat until I got of the train and hid behind a big dumpster. Unfortunately, for the rest of the outing I had to wear a portion of my stomach contents on the bottom of my pant legs from the splash. We also visited the Garden of the Gods which was extremely cool and free. I couldn't believe the guy who was free climbing the rocks! So dangerous! It was a fun trip weekender. I always have a great time with Brady's family.

1 comment:

  1. Melanie you are friggin hilarious. I loved reading yours posts. It really is how pregnancy is. I know some people just LOVE it and miss being pregnant. Me? Not so much. LOL. I hope your vomiting gets better. Enjoy the boobs cause after nursing they are never the same. Even though they got big again for me with the second pregnancy, they just weren't as perky - no VS model there. I still get depressed thinking about being so young with saggy boobs. LOL.

    ReplyDelete