Friday, April 23, 2010

Yay Contractions... or not

Yesterday evening I started to have contractions! To me, it kind of felt like being kicked all over at once and when I felt my stomach with my hand that's kind of what it felt like too. A big rock. They continued all night. Not at regular intervals or anything;but still, I totally thought I would be in labor today. I'm not though. They were those fake contractions (Braxton Hicks). That's what the doctor said today when he checked me and I'm still pretty dang near closed. He said 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. One centimeter-- that is progress, but not the kind I was hoping for with all those "contractions." Doctor says its time for baby to get out, so I am scheduled for induction on Monday.
Funny to note that Monday will be April 26 which is the day that I had first stated as my due date due to my long menstrual cycles. It was my doctor who wanted to keep with basing my due date off the first day of my last period. So like it or not she will make that due date and I can say that I was right all along.

4 comments:

  1. Who knows! I as dilated to 1 cm at my last appointment too...I then had two nights/mornings of hard braxton hicks. The third morning we decided just to go in and see if I was ready and lo and behold I was 4 cm and Kyper came that third day. So, who knows maybe she'll come before Monday. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you! I also will be waiting patiently for you to post pictures and stats of one beautiful baby girl Yates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mel you look so great for being so pregnant! Im so excited for you to finally get her home with you. Its going to be so wonderful and sweet! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. No waiting for you any more!!! See, she just needed to be threatened with the induction...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Melanie! (Hopefully by now she is here!)

    ReplyDelete